Thursday, December 6, 2012

Problem Solved

I don't love DIY projects, but I just can't seem to stay away from them. 
 If you saw my Halloween and Thanksgiving decorations (you can check them out here and here) you will remember that I changed the items that hung above my mantle according to the season. 
 This left holes in the wall that will need to be patched before I re-hang the painting that resides there during the rest of the year. 
Not good.
So I got smart and devised this little DIY project to solve the problem of the holes in my wall.  I took the large gold frame that I already had, cut down a cork push pin board to fit the frame, wrapped the board in burlap, and fitted it into the frame.  Here's the result:
This will allow me to attach my holiday decorations to the cork board instead of driving nails into the wall.  Also, the frame makes the Cross that I hang during Christmas a little more prominent on the mantle. 
The best part is that the cork board is multipurpose.  When the holidays are over, I can use it in another room as a message board!

No comments:

Post a Comment