Friday, October 5, 2012

I Heart Laurie

I have a confession to make:  I loved TLC's Trading Spaces back in the day.  I had never really considered the possibility of becoming a designer until I watched this show.  And the most inspiring designer on the series was Laurie Hickson Smith.  So many reasons to love her:
 
1. She's a Southern girl
2. She has curly hair like me
3. She has so much style
 
I'm not sure what has happened to her in the years since the show went off the air, but her book Discovering Home with Laurie Smith remains one of my favorites.  (It is currently out of print, but you can pick up used ones through Amazon).
 
 
She was mixing French antiques, mid-century modern furniture, abstract art, and graphic printed fabrics way back in 2005 and her designs still look fresh today.  Here are few of my favorite rooms in her home (excuse the quality of the photos, they were scanned from the book):
 
Living Room
 
 
 
Family Room
 
Dining Room
 
 
Bedroom
 
 
I could definitely make myself at home here.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment