Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Clean Day

I confess I totally hate cleaning my house.  I try to think Christian thoughts like "God has blessed me with this wonderful home and I should take joy in cleaning and caring for it", but I still hate to clean.  Its just dirty, yucky, no fun and there are about 5 billion other things I could be doing with my time (except exercising, I hate that too).  But I have a few things that make cleaning a teeny bit easier.

First Up: Heavenly Smelling Cleaning Supplies

Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day All Purpose Cleaner

This cleaner is fabulous.  It smells divine and not like a cleaner at all.  Mix it with a little water and you can clean any surface in your home.  Geranium is my favorite scent.  You can find this at World Market, online at drugstore.com or on the Mrs. Meyer's website.  The hand soap is an awesome product too.  The products are a bit more pricey than your average cleaning products, but they are a fun splurge every now and then.

Caldrea All Purpose Cleanser

Same with the Caldrea products, mix them with water and clean anything.  My favorite scent is Basil Blue Sage, although they have several others that I am sure are great.  Target did carry these products, I'm not sure if they still have them, just check your local store.  You can also find them online at drugstore.com or the Caldrea website.

Next Up:  A Cleaning Calendar

Jenny over at Little Green Notebook did a post on cleaning a while back and included this cleaning calendar.

I am the type of person who likes everything to be clean all at the same time, but I really don't have a huge chunk of time to devote to cleaning all day.  I thought this calendar made a lot of sense.  If I can break cleaning down into these tasks then I can do a little each day and the house never feels like a total wreck.  I haven't neccesarily implemented this calendar yet (did I mention I hate cleaning?) but hope to in the near future. 

Finally, if the cleaning supplies and cleaning calendar don't help, then just hire the staff of Downton Abbey.

No comments:

Post a Comment