Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Come On In

Because all of my home improvement projects take at least a century to complete, we are still working on the exterior of our house (this has been going on since May).  We got a new roof, replaced the old siding with HardieShingles, added new board and batten shutters, and have a new front door on order.  Since our house and shutters will be brown, I am thinking about painting the front door a bright color that says "Come on in!"  This seems to be a trend:












I'm thinking maybe a bright orange/red color as shown below would work with my brick color.



Benjamin Moore's Paper Lantern CSP-1150 looks like a great color.


I also like Benjamin Moore's Million Dollar Red 2003-10. 


Then I will add the house number on the door.  I originally thought of putting hardware on the door, but saw these painted house numbers.  They would be a much cheaper and more creative alternative.




This is still in the planning stages.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment