Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Got Me Some!

Holly Mathis blogged about these ceramic Ralph Lauren lamps she found at TJ Maxx a couple of weeks ago:
 
 
I have been stalking every TJ Maxx and Homegoods in Huntsville and Birmingham to find them.  Today was my lucky day!  Homegoods had a matching pair and I scooped them up!  They have found their new home in my dining room.
 
 
I plan to change the shades to navy blue (am thinking I will do a DIY and use some fabric to cover the existing ones).
 
My other DIY project in this room is to stain the wood on the bookshelves (they are a matching pair, I just didn't photograph the other one).  My sweet Dad built those for me as a Christmas present.  I wanted something similar to these found at Ballard Designs:
 
Durham Short Bookcase
 
It was really fun to collaborate with him on the design.  I needed them to be special dimensions since they are in a tight space and he was able to make them for a lot less than the Ballard ones. 
 
I can't wait to cross these DIY projects off my list!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment