Friday, September 7, 2012

Train Board

The hubs doesn't know it yet, but he will be making a train board for Savannah for Christmas.  I saw this project on the Young House Love blog this week.  Here's their finished product:
 
 
I loved this project for several reasons:
- it's much cheaper than buying one of those train tables that will eventually be a magnet for clutter and end up in a yard sale
- it is portable, so you can take it from room to room
-the tracks are screwed onto the board so they don't move and they can be unscrewed if you want to get rid of the board or rearrange the train track
-the best thing of all, it can be stored out of sight underneath the sofa (pure genius)
 
 
Although I thought this was a cool idea, I wasn't planning on making one for Savannah until today when I was in Walgreens and spotted this 80 piece wooden train set.
 
 
This is a really nice set and it was on sale for $14.99!  I have looked a these in the toy store and they are much more expensive.  This one is probably not as high quality as the others, but I think it will suit my purposes just fine and Savannah will have a ton of fun with it.  The only problem is that the bridges are pretty tall, so I don't think I will be able to stash the board underneath my sofa. I can't wait for the hubs to get started on this and to see Savannah play with it! 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. I totally saw this on Young House Love and sent it to Josh as well for Nolan's future train set :).

    ReplyDelete