Friday, September 14, 2012

The Ceiling's the Limit

This navy blue high gloss ceiling is about to happen in the hubs' office.
 
 
Richard Bories & James Shearron in House Beautiful
 
I am nervous, scared, and excited all at the same time. I have only ever painted a ceiling once. It was in our guest bathroom. There was an odd soffit concealing the duct work and I painted all the walls and ceiling Benjamin Moore's Mink 2112-10, which is a beautiful, rich chocolate brown.  It looked great, but it was in a small space and the walls and ceiling were all the same color.  I think this blue ceiling will be fabulous in the office.  It is going up tomorrow, so we will see what happens! 
 
Also, this photo appeared in the July/August 2011 issue of House Beautiful, which I think is the best issue ever produced.  Images from this issue have imprinted themselves on my brain and I am constantly looking back on it for inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment