Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My House Tour: Savannah's Room Mini Makeover

With the impending arrival of baby Madeline, Savannah's nursery has been undergoing a mini-makeover into a big girl room.  Here's the progress:
 

I wanted the space to feel a bit more modern and less vintage than the nursery, so I chose this daybed from West Elm.  I love the graphic lattice detail on the edges.

This small side table is perfect beside the bed since there isn't enough room for a nightstand. 
 
The rug was leftover from the kitchen in our old house and the graphic design and colors work perfectly with the room's color scheme.
 
I love pillows! The ones on Savannah's bed mix patterns and textures for a layered look.
 
The child's table is so functional.  She can draw, read, and play make believe here.  A leather pouf found on Etsy is a great seat for her or for us when we are playing with her and can be easily moved around the room. 
 
 
The dresser was used as a changing table in the nursery.  I added this chair from World Market.  It's small scale is comfortable for both Savannah and us when we have story time.


This wall looks the same as it was in the nursery.  I just updated the art and accessories on the chest.
 
Detail of the accessories on the chest.
 
New photos added to the bulletin board on her closet door.
 
The room still needs art above the bed and the dresser, but I have yet to find the perfect pieces.  All the other items were things I already owned and found a place for in this room.  Savannah loved her new big girl room and did a little pillow fluffing and arranging herself.  I think she may be a budding designer!!
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Beautful room! love all the patterns, and the bulletin board is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete